Annoying finder issue (10.10.3)

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by daxiel22, Feb 6, 2015.

1. daxiel22 macrumors member

daxiel22

Since I updated to 10.10.3 everytime I start the mac, i cant see the files in the desktop until 10-15 secs.

When I open any folder using finder, i cant see its content for about 30-60 secs (depending on its content)

I can see all my files with the terminal without trouble. Its very annoying!!

¿Does anyone have the same problem?

Regards.

2. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

It's probably not a problem with Finder.

Use sysdiagnose then feedback to Apple in the normal way.

To satisfy your curiosity, run the following command in Terminal:

sudo iosnoop

3. umzyi macrumors regular

umzyi

I have experienced a similar problem but I can say that it is not specific to 10.10.3. It is something to do with corrupted .DS_ cache. What you need to do is repair disk permissions, then delete all the .DS_cache by using and downloading any "DS cache cleaner" from the internet and then rebuilding launch service database. I usually get this sorted by running Onyx and cleanmymac and then doing a reboot.

Cheers

4. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

More

Permissions are not likely to be a factor in daxiel22's case.

Mac performance issues involving the HFS Plus file system – affecting (not caused by) Finder – can have a variety of overlapping causes.

That's expected.

Results of iosnoop, speeding past whilst the slowness is observed, should offer a glimpse of file system activity. But please don't paste the output here; it's not appropriate to discuss pre-release in public.

(I'm discussing OS X in general.)

More technical

https://diigo.com/0xcp0 for highlights from Brendan's blog » Top 10 DTrace scripts for Mac OS X (2011-10-10), in particular:

"… The hfsslower.d script measures I/O before it is processed by the HFS+ file system …"​

5. daxiel22 thread starter macrumors member

daxiel22

Exactly, but I created a new user account and this wasn't suffering this issue.
    So I repaired permissions and tried to reset my home folder permissions via recovery without any luck.
    Anyway, I sent the feedback to Apple and went back to 10.10.2, the system is going fine now. :cool: