Annoying Firefox problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by The.316, Sep 8, 2010.

1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

When I hit ctl-n for a new page, or open up Firefox after I turn on my iMac, it duplicates all my tabs that I have/had open. I get the same problem when I press the home button in Firefox. Anyone know what is going on? I didnt change any settings in the preferences, nor do I see an option for this issue. :confused:

One other thing...when I try to bookmark a page, I cannot click the name of the link to bookmark it. I have to choose where I want to bookmark it, then I can click it, but it still doesnt let me highlight the whole link to edit.

2. LPZ macrumors 65816

Once when you quit Firefox you probably got the dialog box that says "Do you want Firefox to save your tabs for the next time it starts?" You may have just hit return, which amounts to choosing "Save and Quit."

I'm sure someone who knows more about FF than I do can help you undo this choice.

3. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

I know about that function, but thanks for the help anyways. I noticed that FF was set to all my taps as my home page in preferences, for some reason.

The bookmark thing is bugging me though, because I never had that issue. Its not any of my add-ons, because I ran FF in safe mode, and the problem was still there.