Annoying font problem in Safari, Firefox and Chrome

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by "GeorgeE", Sep 20, 2010.

1. "GeorgeE" macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've had a look round the forums, but I can't seem to find a definite answer/fix for this problem. :(

Yesterday, I downloaded around 1000 new fonts and installed them, all fine yesterday, but today, Safari, Firefox and Chrome are all using really whacky fonts from those that I downloaded. It happens in google and some webpages, but it's really annoying.

I've been through all the preferences, defaults, fontbook (and deleted all the ones with major errors) and I deleted the font that it was using, until it chose another one, trying to fix it but with no luck...

Has anyone had this before, or have any advice?

I'm on 10.6.3 and Safari 5.0.1 (not sure about firefox and I downloaded chrome about 10 mins ago) if that helps :cool:

2. whawhat macrumors 6502

[QUOTE="GeorgeE";11096712]Hi,
    I've had a look round the forums, but I can't seem to find a definite answer/fix for this problem. :(

Yesterday, I downloaded around 1000 new fonts and installed them, all fine yesterday, but today, Safari, Firefox and Chrome are all using really whacky fonts from those that I downloaded. It happens in google and some webpages, but it's really annoying.

I've been through all the preferences, defaults, fontbook (and deleted all the ones with major errors) and I deleted the font that it was using, until it chose another one, trying to fix it but with no luck...

Has anyone had this before, or have any advice?

I'm on 10.6.3 and Safari 5.0.1 (not sure about firefox and I downloaded chrome about 10 mins ago) if that helps :cool:[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me - installed around 200 new fonts and now safari and chrome are displaying the POPLAR/IMPACT font - quite illegible.

Firefox is fine / no problems.

Tried to unactivate/uninstall a few of the problem fonts, restarted, etc. and nothing is working.