Annoying Haptic Home Button...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maxsix, Sep 8, 2016.

1. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The annoyance called Haptic Home Button.

"Another thing I tried: the new home button, which uses a “taptic engine” to give you physical feedback when you press it — it’s pressure sensitive, too, so it can tell if you really mean to press it or just tap it. And it’s awful.

On a MacBook trackpad, you get this uncanny feeling that you’re actually hitting a button. On the iPhone, the whole bottom of the phone just sort of “kicks.” It’s not bad haptics like you remember, with weird vibration, it’s just a new kind of bad haptics.

It doesn’t feel like a button at all. It’s a bummer.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2016/09/08/apple-headphone-jack-home-button/#3845ec735155

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I just like the feeling of a physical home button. I am yet to try out new iPhone.

3. maxsix thread starter Suspended

maxsix

It'll be interesting to see what the tactile experience is like.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I definitely think it will be different. But like all things, it will be an adjustment period.

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

Other than waking the phone up or using it for Apple Pay Touch ID, I never use the home button - I now just use Assistive Touch BUT I think it's a personal thing so I'll wait to see how it feels FOR ME, before commenting on it.