Annoying iMovie Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xdefeatsy, Aug 24, 2008.

1. xdefeatsy macrumors newbie

I am running the latest version of iMovie '08 (7.1.4) with 10.5.4 Leopard. I converted 4 episodes of Heroes (with the latest version of Quicktime Pro) to H.264/.mp4 format for making a music video. I imported all 4 episodes at the same time. They get into i'Movie and it acknowledges the ~3 hours of footage yet it's all thumbnails of just 1 repeated 4 times. When I hover over with my mouse I get the proper video displayed but the sound is all still from the 1 episode. Anyone know how to get it so the thumbnails are all for their respective episodes?

2. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

That sounds weird! Let me get it straight:

You import all 4 episodes, if you mouse over/scroll you get all 4 episodes in the preview but the thumbs and sounds are messed up?

Maybe try converting them to DV instead of MP4? Although MP4 works well with iMovie, DV is deffo better?

Also, have you tried importing the episodes on their own as an individual event? Make:
    1 Project
    4 events- 1 per episode?

That's an odd one either ways. Let us know how you get on.

:)

3. xdefeatsy thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct. The thumbs and sounds are all from 1 episode rather than each 4. I've tried importing them individually with 4 events and it gives me 4 events all with the same 1 episode worth of thumbnails and sounds -- but again the video is fine.

I might try converting them to mov or dv and see if that changes anything, but if anyone has any more ideas, let me know.