Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jersey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
I've found (the hard way no less) that when using the iPod function, and you take a call on the head phones, if while on the call unplug the head phones, upon ending the call, the iPod un-pauses the song and plays thru the speaker very loudly.

In the past, if you unplugged the ipod head phones, the music paused until they were plugged back in. Silly of me to assume it would be the same with this device.

Has anyone else encountered this / know any workaround?

jwhit1

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2007
Annoying to who

Music fade's out due to incoming call....Music fade's back in (status quo) at calls end. It's a new feature; One I'd consider quite intuitive. You was listening to music before the call; one would only assume that you would want to continue to listen to music after the call. That's why it's call a "Smartphone". Dahhhh

I've found (the hard way no less) that when using the iPod function, and you take a call on the head phones, if while on the call unplug the head phones, upon ending the call, the iPod un-pauses the song and plays thru the speaker very loudly.

In the past, if you unplugged the ipod head phones, the music paused until they were plugged back in. Silly of me to assume it would be the same with this device.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state

I would navigate to the ipod while on the call and manually pause it. That should reset it i would think...beyond that no idea. My guess is that the phone auto-reroutes audio to the speakers when the headphones aren't plugged in on a call because unlike with an ipod, if you unplug the headphones you are probably continuing the conversation. Maybe thats why the unplug=pause feature isn't there?

(Note: I am conjecturing and not speaking from any technical viewpoints.)

jersey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Yeah .....it's just odd.

I hate talking via the head phones, so I always unplug them after I answer the call.

Yes, it fades out as it should, and it fades in too ... but I wouldnt think the iPod would fade in if the conditions under which it was being used had changed, e.g. headphones vs. no headphones.

I did submit it to feedback at Apple .... not that its a bug, but one would hope it would offer some type of prompt before blasting whatever you were listening too over the speaker.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I did submit it to feedback at Apple .... not that its a bug, but one would hope it would offer some type of prompt before blasting whatever you were listening too over the speaker.
Yeah, the way it works isn't as elegant as I'd expect. Hopefully they'll pop that into a future update. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.