Annoying iPhone6 camera is out on back

qweenapps

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
Not really noticed that people are complaining, but the iPhone camera on the back is out a bit and is not perfectly fitting. They made it on purpose? Or simply got that slim so that they were not able to get slimmer camera?

It is really annoying and irritating..

Beside it's bending- the back camera is out from the body and is the most irritating thing. I can say this thing is so bad so I skipped this version looking forward for the next one.

Do you guys like the back camera that is not fitting totally?

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
You must have missed the complaints a month ago when it was announced.

I doubt it will be different for the 6s either.

qweenapps

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2014

I haven't followed that much.

I really hope 6s will fix this .. if not, definitely won't buy it. That's quite irritating...

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Definitely no change in the 6s. And unless Apple changes the laws of physics when it comes to optics, the sticking out camera lense is here to stay.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I haven't followed that much.

I really hope 6s will fix this .. if not, definitely won't buy it. That's quite irritating...
Will not be "fixed". The phone is not going to get thicker and the camera is not going to be downgraded.

This is a design choice by Apple, either get over it or move on.

Sorry, sounded snippy of me

Last edited:

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
LOTS of other brand/model phones do not have a flat back. Many have protruding cameras like the 6 and 6+.

It does not bother me in the least. :apple:

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Not really noticed that people are complaining, but the iPhone camera on the back is out a bit and is not perfectly fitting. They made it on purpose? Or simply got that slim so that they were not able to get slimmer camera?

Beside it's bending- the back camera is out from the body and is the most irritating thing. I can say this thing is so bad so I skipped this version looking forward for the next one.

Just use a case on your phone and you won't even notice it at all. Even the slimmest cases 'fix' this issue.

Your post is probably just for attention and trying to get people to look at your apps. But based on how poorly you communicate in English and how annoying this post is I wouldn't be downloading any of your apps.

CoyoteRidge

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014

Yes Pimple Cam was an idiotic move on Apple's part. But hey, it's Apple so I'm sure it will be viewed an ingenious design decision. Get a case to camouflage the pimple.

Last edited:

decafjava

macrumors 68040
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
One of the reasons I have not upgraded.

Someone said get used to it or move on. So I will move on back to my iPhone 5.

I don't need this phone and very much like my iPhone 5. So I will stay with it.
The 5 is great! I still have a 6 on order though. :p

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
There is nothing to fix. It's not broken. They extended it out to get better lens refraction. It's a compromise that makes sense to get better image quality.

qweenapps

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2014

Just use a case on your phone and you won't even notice it at all. Even the slimmest cases 'fix' this issue.

Your post is probably just for attention and trying to get people to look at your apps. But based on how poorly you communicate in English and how annoying this post is I wouldn't be downloading any of your apps.
I don't want a case and there are a lot of complaints about this "feature". I wanted to see how you guys like it. I personally expected more from Apple.

And for the record I do NOT want to get attention. I just started a conversation. If you don't want to download then don't, nobody told/ask you to do so... And please don't download it, it is not made for your intelligence level.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
It actually sticks out less than I expected. If anything, it's less of an eyesore than the thick antenna lines.

They moved the sleep/wake button so I rarely, if ever, come into contact with it when handling the iPhone.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I don't want a case and there are a lot of complaints about this "feature". I wanted to see how you guys like it. I personally expected more from Apple.

And for the record I do NOT want to get attention. I just started a conversation. If you don't want to download then don't, nobody told/ask you to do so... And please don't download it, it is not made for your intelligence level.
The protrusion of the camera is not a feature, the improved camera is, as is the slim profile of the phone. In order for them to work together, the camera sticks out several millimeters. It's a give and take.

If you don't like it there are plenty of other phones on the market.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

What da flibidigibit?:confused:

arftech

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010

This was discussed to death a month ago! Where you been? And in the final anaylysis millions upon millions were sold! So...

qweenapps

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
This was discussed to death a month ago! Where you been? And in the final anaylysis millions upon millions were sold! So...
Where I was that's not your problem!
That's really great that a lot were sold. I wanted to know after a month how many of you like/dislike the fact.

Its seems many of the people are not bothered about it.

And thats it. I found what I was looking for.