Annoying issue with iMessage on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Neo2ooo, May 7, 2015.

1. Neo2ooo macrumors member

So far I love the watch except for one annoying issue. When you put a particular imessage on Do Not Disturb you still receive the message on the watch. The setting will not take affect on the watch. This is extremely annoying since I am part of a few group messages that are not important and I do not need them buzzing the watch every 15 seconds. Hopefully this is something Apple can add in a future IOS release. Anyone else experiencing this issue or know of any work-arounds?

2. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I have one group conversation set to Do Not Disturb and I do NOT get notifications on my Watch. It was annoying me at first then I realised it makes sense! LOL

Have you tried turning DND on and off on the conversation?

On the phone, I have imessage notifications set to Banners .

3. Neo2ooo thread starter macrumors member

I have set to banners as well. So you are saying when you set a message to DND you are NOT getting in on the watch?

4. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Same issue. DND set in a group thread yet constant notifications in watch. Fix!?

5. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Seeing how no one replied, I assume there is no fix for this?

6. papbot macrumors 6502

First of all the watch is only relaying the message alert from the phone. If you didn't have a watch or it was off, those notifications would appear on your phone. So something about those conversations is causing the DND to be overridden. That's what you need to look at. There is no problem with your watch.

I've had problems with a group message myself until I could get myself removed from the conversation.

7. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Delete the message on my phone. When I get another group message, switch to DND I don't get notifications on my phone, only on the watch . Annoying

8. o JRoD o macrumors member

o JRoD o

I thought this was fixed for me with the latest watchOS update. Sadly it is still an issue. One thread works, but the other doesn't. The one that works is from all iMessage users. The one that doesn't is a mix between Android and iOS. I've deleted the thread and then turned on DND again. Doesn't fix the issue. Very annoying.

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Is this an issue exclusively with group messages? I experimented with with just putting certain people in DND and my AW didn't alert me when they sent a text. I turned on DND and the notifications came right to my watch. The only time I knew I had a text is when a conversation was on DND is when I unlocked my iPhone and saw notification in the messages app.

10. o JRoD o macrumors member

o JRoD o

From my testing, yes this is only with group messages.

11. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I agree to that