Annoying issue with offline Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by chrismarle, Jul 8, 2015.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I run iOS 9 Beta 3 on my iPhone 6 Plus and I also am an Apple Music user.

I have a really annoying issue when downloading music for offline listening. When I download some albums (I tried with a couple of bands), they aren't stored on my iPhone and basically disappear from my device right after they are downloaded and they are not stored for offline usage even if I watched the download process.

Any ideas?

2. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I have been having the same problem. I also had a separate issue today where downloading playlists for offline use wiped out any albums I had saved that contained songs on that playlist. For instance, I downloaded a playlist containing "Buddy Holly" today and it wiped the rest of the Blue Album except for "Buddy Holly" off my phone.

I called support regarding this today and the person I got could not have been more clueless. The only solution she could offer was a factory reset, and no restoring from back up, which is frankly not going to cut it. I'm not going to lose the rest of my data so Apple Music *might* work right.

It's a shame, too, because this feature is crucial for me. My work internet blocks iTunes and I have terrible service inside. I listen to music at work all day every day, so I have to have stuff synced for offline listening. Spotify and Beats never had any issues with this. I suspect it's because they're using iTunes Match on the backend for offline listening instead of whatever system Beats had in place. And we all know that iTunes Match has been a service that's been finicky at best since launch.