Annoying issues with the Mail app- emails slowly load

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Jessica08, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:39 PM.

1. Jessica08 macrumors regular

Jessica08

I’ve noticed, since I updated to iOS 12 (I’m running 12.1), that the mail app doesn’t work as fast loading emails and sometimes I can delete an email, close the app, then come back to the app and that same email be in my inbox. I have also noticed before that I can read an email exit the app then come back to the app and that email be marked as new. This happens on my iPad and iPhone, so I’m not sure if it is my WiFi or is it something anyone else experiences with iOS 12? I don’t recall having these issues with iOS 11, but it surprises me how slow the app is at loading emails. This makes me think it’s my internet connection, but the other things I’m not sure about.

2. ThrowerGB macrumors newbie

There are quite a few things that seem slower in 12.1 on my iPhone 8 Plus and iPad Pro 9.7". Particularly in email.

3. draa macrumors member

draa

I am experiencing the same with 12.1 and Mail on my 7+. No difference between LTE or WiFi.
    Did you test a 3rd party mail app yet?

4. ThrowerGB macrumors newbie

Yes., and it doesn’t happen there.

5. OC513 macrumors 6502

I have the same issue and sometimes it will show I have a new email and when I open the app its not there, takes a good 20 seconds or so to show up, quite annoying.

6. draa macrumors member

draa

Thanks! Any recommendations? Been using the mail app for ages!

7. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502

AMTYVLE

I’ve noticed since iOS 12 in general in my iOS Mail app I’ll delete emails then an hour later they will reappear unread in my Inbox again.

8. Jessica08 thread starter macrumors regular

Jessica08

Yep I’ve had that happen as well. It’s really annoying.

9. ThrowerGB macrumors newbie

I’m wondering if it has to do with the mail service I use. I use AOL and am one of those who used Verizon and got migrated to AOL. Over the past month a number of weird things have happened. The server stops accepting logins and then randomly starts again, sometimes over a day later. And sometimes it seems the entire inbox is re-downloaded.
    This is only happening on iOS devices and not MacOS. And it’s happening on two iPhones and an iPad.
    In my setup I have also have Mail connected to iCloud accounts and those seem unaffected.
    I’ve also seen very brief mention of aol having login problems but can’t find any details of what’s been going on with them.

10. Jessica08 thread starter macrumors regular

Jessica08

I have been on aol for many, many years. So maybe it’s an aol server problem? Idk

These problems are on my iPhone and iPad. My Mac mini I enter my password for aol and it says it’s incorrect so right now I don’t even bother with email on my Mini.

11. draa macrumors member

draa

I’m using two googlemail accounts so if this is a server problem it’s definitely not aol-only!

12. Phillyphil0302 macrumors regular

Same here, Gmail...deleted messages constantly show back up later on when mail app is opened again

****in annoying as hell!!!