Annoying iTunes 7.2 bug!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Balli, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Balli macrumors 6502

Ever since upgrading iTunes to version 7.2, I have this really annoying bug:

Every time I launch iTunes I get a pop-up box asking me to enter my username and password so it can check my account if I have any undownloaded tunes. Whether I click cancel, or whether I sign in, every time I re-launch iTunes I get the same pop-up box.

Any ideas?

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I get the exact same behaviour. I have bought DRM free music. Have you also? Maybe this is the reason...

3. Balli thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, as a matter of fact I have. I upgraded 3 of my songs using iTunes Plus. By the way, how many iTunes accounts do you have?

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I have two accounts but I get asked to put my credentials only for one of them.

5. Balli thread starter macrumors 6502

Same here. I have a US account and a UK one.

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

well, don't use UNO (skin changing software). if you try it, then you won't see any list in itunes. it's none. I had a problem last night. after deleting it, restart my mac. the same thing was happened. so I erased itunes, reinstalled it, and got repair permission. now it got back to normal.

plus, I don't know whether it's a bug or not. even albums, I want to get, are not entirely downloading because some of them are not available yet. for example, 'Now What' by Lisa Marie Presley is now itunes plus. but it's not available yet. I tried few times. it didn't work.

7. Balli thread starter macrumors 6502

I personally am not using UNO.

8. colinp macrumors member

Really strange- I'm getting this constant login screen everytime I load up iTunes as well!

Oddly, if I just hit "Cancel" and then visit the iTunes store I am still logged in. I, too, upgraded to iTunes Plus tunes. Not a big issue, but certainly annoying.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Happening here too. I'm glad to know it's not just happening to me! I'm not running any haxies.

10. hamholio macrumors member

11. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

Good I thought it was only me having this issue. The only fix for me was to reinstall iTunes.

12. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I get it too, but i thought it was only because i actually do have some songs that i have paid for, but not yet downloaded. Even if it does just happen wheather you have songs to download or not, i don't really mind because i leave iTunes running all the time, so I don't see it very often.

13. RaMaz macrumors regular

RaMaz

its fine for me, and i downloaded a DRM free song too

14. capoeirista macrumors 6502

Fix to this problem found...

I had the same problem and started separate thread last week.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=309237

Thanks to user Telecomm for posting a link there to fix this annoying problem. It worked for me!

( I would've just posted the link directly but I can't take the credit)

15. epiphany macrumors regular

Just post the fix

So that you don't have to follow the rabbit trail of links, this was the amended solution from Hopkapi and deggie :

1. Quit iTunes.

2. Open your iTunes folder (usually found in the Music folder in your Home folder).

3. Double click the iTunes Music folder.

4. Inside you should find a folder called Downloads.

5. Remove the list.plist file in the Downloads folder.

6. Open iTunes and hopefully bask in the glow of it not asking for your password.

16. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I was just going to make a thread about this. It bugs the hell out of me, please fix it Apple!

edit: just found the fix, it worked. I deleted the file, I hope I dont need it later.

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

DRM free music is not the cause, I have not bought any of it, but I was getting this popup to, it hasn't happened the last few times, the only thing that I can think of is that I repaired permissions for something else, and it hasn't been happening, maybe someone else could try and find out if this is why.

18. Balli thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your help, but after looking in Music > iTunes > iTunes Music, there was no folder named 'Downloads' in there. :(

Update:

I just found the list.plist file. It was in the Music > Downloads!