Annoying little quirks with my iPhone. Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deadman64, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I love my iPhone, but there are a few problems that are just plain annoying. Hopefully someone can help me with them.

1. Album Art
    I thought Apple was the king of simplicity, this is my first apple product. But this is just starting to piss me off. When in cover flow ALL of my album art shows up. But for some 'random' songs when they play and the album art takes of the whole screen some songs' art doesn't show. It is there then when I change to cover flow. It's so annoying, how can I fix this?

2.Text Sound
    Today is the first time having this issue, but I'm not sure what I changed? I have been texting a lot today, and for the first part of the day all of my texts' played the noise when i recieved one. Suddenly they stopped making the noise and only vibrating, as if my phone is on silent. I switched my phone to silent and back, via the button on the side to be sure. I am NOT on silent.
    My Settings>Sounds looks like this:
    Silent
    Vibrate ON
    Ring
    Vibrate ON
    Ringtone X
    New Text Message Tri-tone

Why did the noise's stop playing for texts?

Thanks for taking the time to read, I appreciate it.

2. cantankerously macrumors regular

1) Make sure each of your mp3s have a picture embedded in the tag. Use tag and rename, works perfectly. A single song would be trated as an album, it would need to be ID3 tagged with a picture.

3. Deadman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Your right. I had them grouped with the same album artist so it showed in cover flow. Thanks a ton.

Anyone have any ideas about the texting sound not working?

4. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

Have you tried rebooting the phone? Firmware 2.0 is really buggy.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

As for 2. This is a known issue, which will hopefully get fixed with 2.0.1.

6. elbirth macrumors 65816

I don't know that #2 is so much a bug as it is a "courtesy" type thing. if you're doing much texting back to back, hearing that sound all the time would be annoying, so instead it just vibrates if you get a text soon after you send one and you do this several times. I've noticed my phone do this as well, but only if I'm in that sort of situation. after I close the SMS app and put the phone to sleep and go a while before getting another text, I hear the sound again when one comes in