Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phantom3334

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
so, I downloaded msn mac messenger then it won't sign me in, keeps saying : id or password incorrect. I couldn't fix this bug so I deleted (uninstalled it) by moving all files to trash . now the trash won't empty and it's annoying. is it a bug ? any clue?
the trash won't say anything , just the "are you sure" message, then makes the "trashing" sound. but nothings changes.

clue ?

gatepc

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
the log in problem is not with the software its a problem with there servers so there was no point in trashing it. email MS. but about the trash problem try restarting your mac and then try again.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
Try deleting with the Option key down. If that does not work make sure MSM Messenger is not running and restart.

phantom3334

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
forgot to say : I did restart it. restart again ?

I tried with secure empty trash, restarted , everything. doesn't work. something really wrong ?

phantom3334

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
Now it seems like a real problem. the trash can't empty anything unless I use terminal. files, photos, applications.

why is this happening, something doesn't seem right.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Now it seems like a real problem. the trash can't empty anything unless I use terminal. files, photos, applications.

why is this happening, something doesn't seem right.

Follow this link and see if it helps: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1526

Follow this link and see if it helps: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=8121

Make sure to Repair Disk and Repair Permissions on Macintosh HD.

If this does not work, the last thing I can say is to Archive and Install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.