Annoying Menu Bar Item

Discussion in 'macOS' started by garblot, May 14, 2007.

1. garblot macrumors newbie

I have a question. A while ago, I installed Adobe CS2 on my Mac Book Pro. It works fine through Rosetta, but something is wrong with the Version Cue bit. I don't care if it works correctly or not—but since it doesn't work, I don't want its icon crowding my menu bar, where it appears automatically. The thing is, I can't get rid of it. I have gone into my account's login options, but to no avail; the services you can choose not to open on startup did not include Version Cue. I can close it through the Activity Monitor, but that's a hassle to do every time I start up. I don't use Photoshop all that often, so I really don't think I need Version Cue running all the time. How can I get rid of it/prevent it from starting?

Thank you.

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Is it in System Preferences > Accounts > Startup Items? If so, remove it. Can you Command (Apple)-Click on the icon and drag it off the Menu Bar? Also try Control (Right)-Clicking on the icon and see if you get options which let you shut it off from there.

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

No lie, I was about to reply and tell you this wasn't possible, but I tried it just now.....and I'll be damned. Consider that my "I learned something new about OS X today." Thanks!