Annoying message every time I log in

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by boston04and07, Nov 15, 2015.

1. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I recently switched Time Capsules, and every time I log in to my account, I get the error message: "There was a problem connecting to the server 'Time Capsule.' The server may not exist or may be unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and try again."

Annoyingly, I usually have to dismiss it three or four times before it finally goes away for good...only to come back the next time I log in. I know it's referring to the Time Capsule I just replaced, since the new one is named something else. Has anyone seen this before, or have any ideas how to make it go away?

Attached Files:

2. chrfr macrumors 603

Look in your login items in System Preferences to see if you have an alias to the old Time Capsule in there.

3. boston04and07 thread starter macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Great suggestion! I checked there, and there were indeed aliases to the external drives that were once attached to the TC with ominous little yellow exclamation point icons next to them. I deleted them and haven't seen the problem since...hopefully that fixed it. Thanks @chrfr!