Annoying neighbors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MattG, Feb 24, 2008.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Well today, once again, my next-door neighbors proved that they have this uncanny ability to know when I'm trying to take a nap. They're loud, noisy and annoying...they just let their kid scream all the time and pay no attention to it. In addition to them, the old bag upstairs uses my walkway as a Publix shopping cart return because she's too lazy to walk the cart back when she's done with it after food shopping. I wish they'd all just leave.

So...who else wants to vent about their annoying neighbors?

2. mactastic1971 macrumors regular

mactastic1971

I have threee neighbors - they are all in the their 80s and are totally deaf.
    I regularly get wasted and start playing my drumkit in the garage after midnight.

Rock n Roll !!!

3. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Ooops...didn't even notice this thread when I started mine. Guess lots of people have this problem :)

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

My neighbours, padio backs on to our bedrooms at our house. So when there door is open we can here every word that is said ( the house is all tiled in side so it echos), when there sitting under padio the noise is amplied (echos). The husband is quite content on getting up early and going to work but he has to rev the hell out of the car before he leaves ( it isn't a old car either) They go out at really odd house at night, 10pm or 3 am. They have roller doors on there garage so that is quite noisey

They have a side gate which is outside my parents onsuite bathroom that gets slammed every time, even at 2 or 3am in the morning when the kids come home drunk.

The husband is also building a car and likes to start that up outside our bedrooms and rev the hell out of it. This once occured at 6am before he took it for a drive

There is my winge

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So your neighbours are perfect?

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

My next door neighbour's neighbour in the flat below has caused so much trouble over the years for both of us and others that I have to go to court on the 2nd of May to give witness to many of the things that have happened, including death threats. This is to get him evicted and possibly more...

For legal reasons I cannot go into more detail. The whole thing is a complete nightmare and those who know me really well will appreciate that this is yet another thing I don't need at the moment. :(

7. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Looks like Neighbors + noise go hand in hand, ive got a neighbor who obviously has hearing problems judging by how loud she plays some of her weird/horrible music, thats when she's not pi$$ed (works in a pub/bar),and when she is, she is usually shouting/arguing with the other social misfits she calls family, Her's son is just an oxygen thief he should have been aborted at birth. One night the Mom & son had a huge row, he escaped his deaf crazy old mom by running through my garden, in the process of his great escape he decided to kick my gate in (because it's kept locked) :mad: , after a frank exchange of words the next day, his dad got a new gate and had it fitted for me. I decided to have a word with the son (i'm sure he's a junkie) but unfortunatly i had to converse with him in his own language which happened to be an ancient language called violence, unfortunatly he tried to break all my fingers with his nose and now he stays away, she is still a crazy drunk who with any luck will soon fall down the stairs in a drunken haze & break her neck :eek:
    I don't approve of violence, but in my case it did win me a small victory, but it wasn't clever :eek:

8. ghostee macrumors 6502

I feel for you all.

I've been living on my own for about 1.5 years now and have had my share of crappy neighbors. The girl who used to live in the apartment opposite my living room wall had a thing for club music (which I can't stand). She'd start playing it between 7-10 AM, and it usually wouldn't stop until 10pm or later, every day. She would drive me insane. Luckily she moved out.

The new neighbor is better, but still blasts her music or TV sometimes. I think the condo is for sale, so who knows what type of neighbor will live there next.

The lady directly below my apartment will go out onto her balcony and cough up **** for 10 minutes straight, multiple times a day.

And the girl across the hall is constantly screaming at people over the phone and bitching about her love life.

Hopefully won't have to live here past the end of this lease in July.

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I have had a few annoying neighbors. The last ones I had was my last semester in college. The couple able be had a lot of loud thumps and other noises in the night and quite often at 3 4 am which would wake me up. This would mess things up for me since I a lot of time would have to get up in a 2-3 hours so it would cut my night sleep short that much. Really made it bad was I would of only gotten 4-5 hours of sleep if I was not woken up.
    Add to this that they had a lot of domitice fights. Once it got so bad I had to call 911 because it started getting violent. I have to had it to the cops. They where there 2-3 mins from when I placed the call.

Now when I moved to dallas after finishing college I choose to move to the top floor to advoid the issue of dealing with noise from above. No vacuum cleaner to go off in the middle of a good TV show or at some other odd ball time. I not going to call the vacuum cleaning the neighbors fault since they never did it in the middle of the night or early morning. Not like it was an avoidable noise.

10. mactastic1971 macrumors regular

mactastic1971

Yeah... but I guess I am therefore the annoying neighbor!!!

Of course I would behave myself if they could hear !!! :)

11. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Neighbors to the left are a retired couple, he spends his days making his lawn perfect. Good neighbors (other than making my lawn look horrid by comparison). To the right are a younger couple, two small boys (5 & 2), real sweet folks. Also good neighbors. Behind me & across the street, same story, basically all very nice, and very quiet people. The noisiest person on the block (about four doors down) owns a Harley, only takes it out on weekends, and always cruises very slowly down the street so as not to disturb anyone. Amazing.

After 35 years of living on my own in "communal" environments, low-rent apartments, less-than-appealing neighborhoods, fronting major boulevards or backed up to industrial sites and contending with thumpa-thumpa stereos at all hours, front-yard mechanics that never finish, filthy, screaming children, and drive-by shootings, I seem to have found myself in a wonderful spot, and I've earned it! I'm not moving.

12. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Indeed. I had no idea. Hope it all passes smoothly, naturally.

We've had ok neighbors. Had the same one on one side since well before we lived there (We've been in 23 years) and the other side has seen a few different folk. No problems, just seem to know them less and less every time.

13. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

my old neighbour died in her basement and i they found her 3 months after her death

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That is annoying.

15. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well i can't complain about my neighbors just yet, but they've been pretty quiet and kept to themselves so far, which is good. come summer that could be different, but i hope not.

my only complaint is that someone likes their bass a bit too much on the weekends, but i can deal with it.

16. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

2 years into my 1st house i bought, i had to move to get away from my Neighbour.

Almost had a breakdown.

Anyway, much much happier now in a far better area of town.

17. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

My next door neighbors have a little baby that my friends and I call the 'monkey baby' because she screeches like a baboon all the time. I find it more amusing than annoying, though.

18. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

My neighbors now are much better then they use to be. The first ones that were in the two apartments were loud and obnoxious.

I am a light sleeper and the people from the one apartment would come home drunk (many nights a week) and insist on singing while sitting on the front step. Being that the windows are thin and the corridor echoes really bad i could hear every word. I called the cops on them more then once while they were there. I think they final got tired of it and moved out. The new guys that live there are much better and virtually invisible.

The other apartment is "connected" to mine by a wall. So any noise that was mad in there apartment I could usually here. There were usually yelling matches at weird hours and one of the guys had a preference for rap music (which i can't stand). he would turn it up loud and with a lot of base and it would make **** rattle in my apartment. They also ended up moving out and a couple nice looking younger ladies moved in. I had a little house warming party for them and ended up hitting it off with one of them, now we are dating. So i would say that getting the old neighbors moved out was the best thing i could have done :D ;)

The apartment complex is SO much more quite now, which is great!

19. progressplease macrumors newbie

parked in front of my house for 3 years

I live on a quiet residential street. Every day for the past three years my neighbor pulls their car out of their driveway and parks in front of my house. No one parks in front of their house. My husband and I cannot figure out why they do it. It seems like a petty thing to ask someone not to park in front of your house.

Is it just me, or is that rude? Am I crazy or have they driven me crazy? I can't take it anymore!

20. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Due to my split up last year I've had to go back to apartment living. Wow I forgot how bad it sucks especially when you live on the second floor...:(
    My upstairs neighbors tend to get "noisy" with their "extracurricular activities".
    It's a pain to have to explain to my 3 year old what all the ruckus is...

21. vrocket macrumors newbie

write Obomba maybe he will send your annoying neighbors enough money to move. He seems to have the money tree:D

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's not so bad here. We're a detached house in the middle of a field so neighbours aren't problematic unless they're having outdoor parties till 4am, which isn't often in Englandshire. The pub next door can be noisy but they generally **** at 11pm.

But my girlfriends student (terraced) house. Damn! Even her housemate plays naff modern commercial 'rap' at stupid volumes at all hours of the day.

23. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

At least she was quiet!

OK, Morbid Joke, sorry...

My neighbors are pretty great... All except for my next door neighbor. They aren't loud, just nosy. Everything I do is watched and commented on. This guy works for the Town and feels it's his job to rat everyone out for whatever work they are doing. Calls code enforcement to check permits, etc..

I had an argument with him about redoing my stairways into the house and he complained that I needed a permit. He starts telling me his friend was redoing his stairs (what a coincidence) and when *I* called the town... (A little slip of the tongue there). Two days later the Code Enforcement was knocking on my door.

He bitches about everything. I live near a party town and every once in a while the kids walk down my street and leave beer bottles on my lawn. She called me one afternoon to complain that there was a glass bottle on my sidewalk and could I pick it up, because her kid can't ride his bike. The retard can't ride a bike anyway, but she could have just picked it up herself. Knowing her, she probably moved it off her lawn and onto mine.

God, I have so many stories about them it's not even funny.

I think it reached it's peak when they would start talking to me about phone conversations I was having with mutual friends. I just thought it was them talking to the mutual friend until one day someone asked if I told them about a conversation. I finally questioned them about it and they admitted that their baby monitor base station picks up my phone conversations when the other transmitter is off. Next day I went and bought a digital phone. They actually asked me about it the next day. They said we can't here you on the phone anymore, did you get a new phone? I told her yes... She asked if it was because they heard once or twice (yeah right), I told her yes...

24. thecritix macrumors 6502

shows alot about society and you that you didn't think to check over on an elderly member of your own community when you hadn't seen her for a couple of weeks...

25. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

Honestly, I think I'm the annoying neighbor. I have 2 big dogs that bark at anybody going past, whether the dogs are in the house or in the yard. I do have one neighbor we call 'Noisy Car Guy'. He had a very cool vintage sports car that was VERY loud. He would start it up on weekends, rev it like crazy, and then drive around the block and then put it away. It's gone now. Hopefully he sold it. Except for the 2 homes across the street with the 'perfect' lawns, nobody else bugs me....