Annoying network problem :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Maldini, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Maldini macrumors regular

Maldini

Hi,
    i just got my new MBP last week..still Tiger
    everything worked fine until 2 days ago..

every time i try a secure connection i get an error message...from ichat,msn messenger, even secure sites like gmail, amazon etc.. in firefox i get error code 12263...and i cant sync my .mac account..
    but when i use a different wireless connection 'i have 2 in the place i live in' it works fine..

the one i'm having problems with is linksis..the other is airport...please note that both used to work just fine but after i installed some applications these problems occurred..

any help ?? please :(

2. Macintosh001 macrumors member

Macintosh001

Try going back to the old situation...Maybe this webpage can help you out http://www.appleerrorcodes.com/ it has a list of error codes

3. Maldini thread starter macrumors regular

Maldini

Thanx i just fixed the problem which was in my linksys router..i just reset it then it worked...but now only Ichat doesnt connect...some ppl suggested i change the port from 5190 to 443..did anyone try this?!!

4. Macintosh001 macrumors member

Macintosh001

I have had problems with iChat to fix them I mapped the ports and none of them was the 443 but I have also been told to check the use SSL box in the iChat preferences.