Annoying Pop Up ad shows in Safari

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by The.316, Jun 1, 2015.

1. The.316, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

A ad for some game site pops up every time I go to a page in a certain forum, which is called HFboard. Its a forum for the National Hockey League. It happens both in Safari and Chrome, and its the only site that does it. I cleared the history in the Safari settings, but it still shows up. At first, it looked like this:

[​IMG]

Now, it looks like this:

[​IMG]

This one is worse because its dead center of the page, and I have to X out of it in order to continue. I just recently upgraded to 8.3, and it was doing it prior to the upgrade as well. FYI, the iPad was jailbroken prior to it being upgraded.

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

It's likely an advertisement in the site's ads rotation list, which is why you don't see it on every page load.

3. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

Its only been happening recently though. I never had an issue like this before, and the forum is not one that does this sort of thing.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Perhaps that new advertisement includes JavaScript instructions to behave in that manner. You might consider reporting this to the relevant website and let them know that you're dissatisfied with the way this ad is being displayed. I'm sure they would welcome any feedback that serves to benefit their visitors.

5. steponeman macrumors member

steponeman

try using an adblocker app to stop those ads popping out.

6. david91 macrumors regular

my ipad had that problem in the past, i just use ad blocker to stop it. these days, there are only a few control over internet surfing. One is bound to come in contact with crazy pop ups.