Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

westwoodcreative

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2023
Hi everyone - I installed a while ago the video converter app and since then a pop up keeps freezing my apps and asking me to click their ads - I opened activity monitor and nticed it seemd to be this called "contactdonationagent" - non of my apps will work until I close the window of the pop up - how do i get rid of this? Using 13.5.2 on a mac studio, I tried to delete th individual items from my system but it wont let me. Ive deleted the app with app delete but these files still hang around, Anybody help? It happens all day. Regards John

activity monitor code below:
/Users/johnwatson/Desktop/untitled folder 7/com.apple.contacts.donation-agent/Data
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ContactsDonation.framework/Versions/A/Support/contactsdonationagent
/Library/Preferences/Logging/.plist-cache.Ly2SrQnp
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CorePhoneNumbers.framework/Versions/A/Resources/CorePhoneNumbers.ruleset
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ContactsDonation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ContactsDonation.loctable
/usr/lib/libobjc-trampolines.dylib
/System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/LDAP.sourcebundle/Contents/Resources/InfoPlist.loctable
/System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/LocalSource.sourcebundle/Contents/Resources/InfoPlist.loctable
/System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/Exchange.sourcebundle/Contents/Resources/InfoPlist.loctable
/System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/DirectoryServices.sourcebundle/Contents/Resources/InfoPlist.loctable
/System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/CardDAVPlugin.sourcebundle/Contents/Resources/InfoPlist.loctable
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AddressBookCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ABLDAPStrings.loctable
/System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/DirectoryServices.sourcebundle/Contents/MacOS/DirectoryServices
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.bundle/English.lproj/SystemVersion.strings
/System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/LocalSource.sourcebundle/Contents/MacOS/LocalSource
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AddressBookCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ABStrings.loctable
/usr/share/icu/icudt70l.dat
/private/var/db/timezone/tz/2023c.1.0/icutz/icutz44l.dat
/System/Library/Frameworks/Contacts.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Errors.loctable
/private/var/db/analyticsd/events.allowlist
/System/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/CardDAVPlugin.sourcebundle/Contents/MacOS/CardDAVPlugin
/dev/null
/dev/null
/dev/null

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 16.36.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 16.36.50.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 151
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.