Annoying pop ups on iPhone Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Krayzkat, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Krayzkat macrumors member

Krayzkat

Hello all

Everytime I go on Gizmodo UK website on my iPhone using safari I get annoying banner pop ups appearing. The kind that scroll down the page with you. Arrrrrgh....

I never get them using my imac or iPad, and have the 'block pop ups' enabled on my iPhone safari settings.

I don't think I have recieved any pop ups from any other websites. Though I tend to view only a few regular ones on my iPhone.

Can anyone help me?

Ps. Thanks in advance

2. Krayzkat thread starter macrumors member

Krayzkat

Oooops forgot to add..... it's an iPhone 5 with latest iOS update

thanks

3. Tyler23, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013

Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

They're not really popups..more like, poorly coded ads, or ads sold for a higher price meant to be constant when scrolling down the page.

They're not something that pop-up blocking would do anything with. They're just an annoyance. Sometimes I get them on a certain page, and sometimes I don't on the same page.

Just seems like something to live with, and a reason to avoid those sites..

4. Krayzkat thread starter macrumors member

Krayzkat

So is there no way to stop these floating ads at all, or are they part of the whole 'webpage package' and hence can't be avoided?

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

you can try turning on the pop up blocker in the safari settings, but im willing to bet its just the websites ads and they wont go away. it likely detects youre on the mobile browser and pushes those ads to your phone.