Annoying requests for password...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by StarShot, Aug 28, 2015.

1. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question since my problem may be with either my OS X or my iOS.

I'm getting numerous prompts to enter/reenter my password(s) for iCloud, email accounts and iTunes accounts among others. These prompt requests seem to come up randomly and are starting to get VERY annoying, especially since I have different passwords. I guess one way to correct this is to change ALL my passwords to "password" or something equally as stupid. I'm getting this problem on all my Apple gear (iMac, MBA, iPhone and my iPad). I'm thinking I must have clicked on something to turn on this annoying security mode. My gear has all the latest software.

iPad and iPhone iOS 8.4.1

iMac Yosemite

MBA El Capitan Beta (latest)

An easy target is "El Capitan"!, but that doesn't explain my iOS 8.4.1 devices or my iMac with Yosemite.

While I was writing this post on my MBA, I just got another popup on my iPad that said..."Verify iCloud Password, iCloud backup requires that you verify your password". Is there anyway I can turn OFF all these requests to enter my passwords? I would rather go without passwords than deal with these requests sometimes several times a day. I assume this is some kind of global problem on my system. I've looked through "Settings" on all devices, but so far can't find the "magic" bullet.

2. Johnchapin, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015

Johnchapin macrumors member

Me too. I don't want anything to do with iCloud. The other really annoying popup is to update Adobe :-((((( While watching a DVD Adobe popup bounces up :=((((((