Annoying Reversal

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Tech Bloke, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Tech Bloke macrumors newbie

Every time I put an event into the calendar on my iPhone 5 and try to put the "Alerts" in the normal way, i.e. the first alert of greater length than the second, when I save and exit and then go back I find this stupid OS has reversed what I have done!!! Example: I put in an event and put the first alert as two days and the second alert as one day before the event, then when I go back into it they've been switched and the second alert is now two days ahead and the first alert is one day ahead!!!! What moron, I wonder, programmed the OS to do this? The same happens with two hours and one hour respectively or one hour then thirty minutes and so on. :mad:

Does anyone know if this has been cured?

2. err404 macrumors 68020

It makes sense if the mindset is that the primary alert is the one right before the event making the second alert is less critical.
    Also think of it this way; what order do you enter the alerts? Personally I enter the one indicating when I need to actually take action first and the reminder further in advance is second.
    Maybe they should rename it to 'secondary alert' to better distinguish it from an order of operations.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OP: What don't you understand about the concept of "first" and "second", particularly in the framework of time? Give a good reason for what you're doing and I might agree with you. But your post as stands has no merit.

I'm trying to think through this to come up with something that makes sense. What's on the buttons are just labels to keep it friendly. If they were label "Earliest Alert" and "Latest Alert" they are still time based you would have the same issue. The only way I see would be for the labels to not be related to time, e.g., "Alert #1" and "Alert #2". Alert n only implies a numeric order, not a chronological order. And not nearly as mom friendly.

4. PNutts, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013

PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts