annoying scrolling affect

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by pcomac, Aug 10, 2011.

1. pcomac macrumors regular

when i scroll up or down too much in lion, it does this weird bounce back thing and its really annoying. is there a way to turn this off?

2. QuarterSwede, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You've never used an iDevice I see.

After some research there isn't a way to turn it off yet. Someone will figure out what the terminal command is to do so in time I bet. Third party mice don't have it enabled though.

3. repete7 macrumors member

I'm not in front of the computer, but i think it was system preferences, accessibility, mouse/trackpad, turn off inertial scrolling. That should turn off the bounce.

4. pcomac thread starter macrumors regular

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

That doesnt turn off the 'rubberband' effect. Inertial scrolling is when you flick a finger across your trackpad and it scrolls to match the speed then slowly stops on its own just like inertia would affect it if it was a physical interaction.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

This was an annoyance of mine too. With inertial scrolling, at least it's somewhat useful when you want to scroll but that rubber band effect does nothing but get in the way especially when you want to scroll in the opposite direction - you have to wait for the rubber band effect to finish before it scrolls.