Annoying scrolling glitches in Safari 7

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Casiotone, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Casiotone macrumors 6502a

Casiotone

I've been experiencing some intermittent jumpy scrolling in Safari since updating to Mavericks.

I found a way to reproduce the issue every time on my 2012 Mac mini.

The easiest way is to open a new tab and go to a web site. Make sure the back and forward are disabled because there's no back and forward pages.

Also, the page should be all contained horizontally, no hidden content on the left or right. Also, it's better if the page is very long vertically.

If you scroll up or down using two fingers on a trackpad, but move diagonally to the left or right at the same time, you should experience the glitch.

Essentially, the rubberbanding effect for the back/forward two fingers gesture screws up the scroll position. The further left or right you deviate from your vertical scrolling, the bigger the scroll glitch/jump will be.

While my example is for a page in a new tab, it also happens on every page where's the forward button is disabled and you happen to deviate to the left while scrolling up or down.

Anyone else can reproduce this bug?

2. nzalog macrumors 6502

I haven't had that but some sites have some issues on safari when scrolling. I'd get where the content of the site looked like it was still loading but the same thing happened when i scroll up. Parts of the page were missing. Animated gifs also had issues and seems like they were forever loading and never got to the point where they loaded. Same pages looked fine in firefox.

3. kittencounter macrumors member