Annoying scrolling problem!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by petrucci666, Sep 3, 2013.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

First it was just Chrome and the browsers, but now it's with every application. The scrolling ust stops working. Click and right-click work fine but scrolling is busted. Only solution is to reboot or to wait it out and it'll magically start working again. Often, it won't work for hours.

This is a very big issue and I have no clue how to resolve it. Is Apple not picking up on this? We're supposed to be close to release and something as big as this isn't working.

edit: On DP6.

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you filed a bug report with Apple about this?

And even if it is a version close to release (DP6 or DP7, you do not state that particular information), it is still a beta, as DP stands for Developer Preview.

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

It happened to me once too, but only once. I think it is a trackpad driver issue because shortly after, whenever I would try the scroll to go back gesture the app I would be using would crash. :p That was only once also, and both were solved by a reboot.

4. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know what it stands for but none of this happened so far. I would expect it in DP1 or 2, but this is arguably one of the worst bugs to date.

I'll file a bug report.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Mine was having the exact same issue, I had bettertouchtool installed and that seemed to take care of it. That said, now that the new beta is out I'm going to re--enable BTT and see if there is still a conflict.\

Keep in mind that beta X (whatever number) can have any type of issue, this is something that only cropped up on me in beta 6. Software is a game of fixing one issue, causing 12 more, and trying to get the best balance between stability and not screwing things up too bad.

6. Lolito macrumors 6502

Lolito

happened to me a few times in dp6, only in browsers. very annoying. it's fixed by rebooting, without remembering which apps were open, otherwise it didn't work... quite a big bug.

hope it disappeared in dp7, which i jsut installed. so far so good. i bet this is the GM. still must have quite some bugs.

7. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

The bug still persists with DP7. (With no BTT).

8. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Please, say it ain't so. I upgraded to DP7 and finally I'm not seeing any scrolling problems.

9. joyless macrumors newbie

well, let's hope you are wrong...3 hours on DP7 and no scrolling issues so far, so fingers crossed

10. flinn69 macrumors newbie

It happened all the time with my Magic Mouse. No need to reboot the Mac though, closing the user session and going back was enough to reactivate scrolling.

It *seems* that the bug is gone in DP7.

11. kftrainer macrumors regular

kftrainer

I usually have scrolling problems when I wake up my computer from sleep, but as of DP seven I haven't had any problems as of yet.

12. flinn69 macrumors newbie

Indeed, it seems to be gone.

13. Laco Zamba macrumors newbie

Scrolling problem in FCPX 10.0.9 and DP7.
    Problem in event window and thumbnail view.

14. philstone macrumors 6502

I've seen it a couple of times in DP6 - although 'killall Dock' in terminal seems to fix it without needing a reboot.

15. Lolito macrumors 6502

Lolito

16. Renverse macrumors member

No, it hasn't. It's less annoying now, though. It can be fixed by quitting the app that is displaying the issue.

17. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Yes, it still persists. I noticed this on day 1 of DP7. It's typically Safari with a lot of tabs that does this for me.