annoying specks under screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by avrpatsfan, May 22, 2009.

1. avrpatsfan macrumors member

hey I have my old 1g iPod Touch and I still use it, but recently I noticed that there are specks under the screen. I have wiped it over a lot and they are still there. Is it possible for the Apple Store to replace it even if I don't have a warranty? I haven't done anything wrong to it like drop it or get it wet. Please help!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Its more then likely dust. Considering it's out of warranty I don't think Apple will do anything about it - replacements are only for in-warranty products. You can always go to an Apple Store and ask, but I personally think they'll see it's expired and turn you away.

3. avrpatsfan thread starter macrumors member

thanks

Thanks anyway! I will miss it but I guess you're right. Thanks!

4. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

Yep probably dust. This happens a lot when you leave it in a purse or pocket with other items in it, or just pockets and purses in general.

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Happened to me once.
    Apple replaced it as I was under warranty.
    For you, your best bet, if it's really annoying, you should replace the digitizer/LCD screen. I think the dust is stuck between there.
    You might be able to just take it apart, get rid of the dust, and put the digitizer right back in.
    Good luck!

6. Dino451 macrumors 6502

I have a 2g touch with specks of dust under the screen. The problem is it is jail broken. Can I restore it and turn it in at a apple store? Its been in a case since I got it.

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Yep, as long as you dont tell them it was ever jailbroken you should be fine.

8. Dino451 macrumors 6502

Good, thanks. This dust isnt the only problem, I also have an issue with it not working with the "official" ipod video cable. So this was the final straw.