Annoying Update Notice of Xcode 4.2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cn2886, Oct 14, 2011.

1. cn2886 macrumors newbie

Aftre upgrading to Lion 10.7.2 and I have updated Xcode to 4.2, Mac App Store still indicates Update Notice for Xcode 4.2

When I click on 'Update', a dialog pops up indicating something like 'cannot complete update' and to use 'Check Software Update' from Preferences.

Well, after running 'Check Software Update', not surprising, it indicates no software update is required. BUT Mac App Store still flags Update Notice for Xcode 4.2 :eek::mad:

From the Launcher, I notice that there is an icon 'Install Xcode'. Is this icon causing the problem, and I should 'throw' it to Thrash?

Otherwise, how am I supposed to flag Xcode is already updated to 4.2, and stop the Update Notice in Mac App Store.

Thank you.

2. brk108 macrumors newbie

xcode 4.2 updating agin and again

hi I am also having same problem xcode4.2 is updating again and again. but not completing the download .|Please tell me any idea how can i proceed

3. cn2886 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, I have resolved my annoying issue of Xcode 4.2 Update Notice.

As mentioned, there is this "Install Xcode" icon in Launcher, I click it and it installs Xcode v4. I suspect that this icon is the install copy of v4.1. After that, I return to MAc App Store, and I click on Update of 4.2, it starts downloading and then installing, and then DONE and CLEAN.

4. brk108 macrumors newbie

Check once xcode 4.2

Hello Brother

Check the version number in xcode that you got 4.2 or not?

Since I also tried in same way But every time it is downloading and installing and again it is downloading I cant understand.

Please help