Annoying using Apps/Texts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chris Rogers, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere and not really sure what search parameters to put in...

I find it particularly annoying when I'm using an App (any App store App) or watching a video and I receive a text message. It takes over the screen and makes the App 'glitchy' until I press reply or close (2 or 3 times for it to receive my input). I haven't played any games yet, but I could imagine the annoyance. Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no way to disable this, right?

I also think that it would be cool to enable quick reply as in mobile me's site at me.com for e-mail. This way you don't have to go to the home screen, open text message, reply, back to home screen, open App and wait for it to load. I'm super impatient, maybe it's just me.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

If you choose reply instead of close, it takes you straight to the text app. What more do you want?

3. Chris Rogers thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

If I want to reply yeah, that's cool I can hit reply but then I still have to go back to the home screen and log back into the app I was previously using. Is my progress saved or does it take me back to the exact screen I was looking at? In my experience so far, no.

Some type of quick reply would be cool, so if it took you right back to what you were previously looking at. Is there a way to disable the 'pop-up'?