Annoying Verizon sign-up pop-up

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Technohead, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Technohead macrumors newbie

I plan on using my Ipad predominately w/ wifi. I bought the 3g version for when I travel or want a more secure connection. I keep getting an annoying pop-up that says "you haven't signed up for your account"..meaning Verizon 3g acct. and you can click "now" or "later". I got tired of hitting "later" and decided to sign up and be done with it. I'll sign up for the cheapest plan ($20.00/month). My question is: If I jump thru the hoops and sign up now, will I be charged $20./month from the time of set up forward-even if I don't use 3g or can I just sign up and Verizon won't charge me until I actually use their service?

Thanks in advance.

:eek:

2. bizzle macrumors 6502a

You get billed when you sign up, not when you actually start using it.

3. Technohead thread starter macrumors newbie

Yikes. No wonder the reminder keeps popping up! Always tryin' to get my cash.

Thanks for the reply.

4. 3Gornot3G macrumors newbie

Sorry to bump a latent topic, but as can be inferred from my user name, I can't decide between the occasional usefulness of 3G (VZ for a variety of reasons) or simply WiFi.

I probably won't sign-up for the Verzion service for months if at all, and if I can regularly expect to see the "annoying pop-up" as described above, my decision's been made for me.

Has this been the been the experience of others as well?

Thanks.

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

To stop the pop up all you have to do is turn of cellular data when not using 3g