Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kofman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2009
I have had an annoying problem on my iphone X that i've had for 2 months now. The weather widget does not update weather at all after like an hour of the phone being on. If i tap on the weather widget it will open the weather app and shows the correct updated weather temp after a second. but widget stays outdated. If i reboot the iphone x, it updates normally for about an hour and then stops updating unless i reboot the phone. It will even stay outdated for days unless i reboot. this ALSO seems to affect weather info on my apple watch series 1. If the weather widget on phone is outdated, my weather info on apple watch is also outdated. If i reboot my phone to make widget update temporarily, then my apple watch updates weather correctly as well. Weather widget has access to background refresh and location services so its not that.

what else should i try?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Many, including me have this issue. Hopefully it will be addressed in a future update. I’ve switch my weather widget off in the meantime

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I've seen the same issue from time to time with the stock weather widget and The Weather Channel widget too. I switched to AccuWeather and so far (knock on wood) I haven't had a problem with it updating.

JessePinkman

Suspended
Feb 18, 2018
i was having same problem with my iphone 7 i think it must be connected to some SOSkeychains in keychain app i tried removing those SOS keychains in icloud tab after removing them the weather widget on my iphone showed the correct location and the temperature... could be some hidden proxy behind those keychains (or backdoors who knows..) messing the weather data on yahoo servers try deleting them on your mac if you have a mac open keychain app then remove some of those sos keychains ...after that you must give it some time..

Last edited:

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
Ditto as all others. Mine does not update unless I reboot the phone. After a reboot it updates ONCE then never again..

Hope 11.3 fixes this.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Ditto as all others. Mine does not update unless I reboot the phone. After a reboot it updates ONCE then never again..

Hope 11.3 fixes this.
Many are still having the exact same issue on 11.3 beta, so I wouldn’t say it’s fixed. Glad it’s working (for now) for you though. I say “for now” because I’ve seen this countless times with many people where it stars working after an update for couple days, then breaks again. I use a different weather app (Storm by Weather Underground and BeWeather) and never had an issue with this.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
Many are still having the exact same issue on 11.3 beta, so I wouldn’t say it’s fixed. Glad it’s working (for now) for you though. I say “for now” because I’ve seen this countless times with many people where it stars working after an update for couple days, then breaks again. I use a different weather app (Storm by Weather Underground and BeWeather) and never had an issue with this.

It's NOT working for me..

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
But you wrote in your post (before you edited it)
“11.3 fixes this”

Nope... Read wat I wrote again.. You left out one important word and the post was never edited as seen in the time stamp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.