Annoying wireless issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wct097, Nov 20, 2012.

1. wct097 macrumors 6502

About every three times my rMBP wakes up from sleep I will have an issue where I get network connectivity briefly, then lose it completely until I cycle the wireless off and back on. I can quite literally load a web page, then click a link and not get a response. Running a ping against a well known internet address fails as well. The entire time the wifi indicator on the top menu bar shows that I'm connected with full signal.

None of my other computers experience this issue.... just the rMBP and it's early 2011 predecessor.

About every 8th time I wake my machine up from sleep, having been connected to a different wifi network (work) when put to sleep, it will fail to connect at all. The little icon at the top will search for a while then show a failure. Cycling wifi doesn't fix the issue and I have to reboot the machine.

My router is a Buffalo router that runs DD-WRT from the factory. Not sure if that matters or not.

Power cycling the router and my machine or just the machine will resolve the issue every time, but it always comes back. Been happening since day one. Any suggestions? Search didn't give me much to work with.

2. sensorian macrumors member

3. wct097 thread starter macrumors 6502

Done that several times. Still an issue. Very annoying.