Anonimous calls blocking in Ios 10

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by callea, Jun 14, 2016.

1. callea macrumors regular

callea

A simple question:
    Is it possible to block calls with hidden number in ios 10?

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Doesn't look like there is a built in feature but it looks like iOS 10 supports third party apps blocking calls. So a future app released with iOS 10 later this year could conceivably block anonymous calls.

Attached Files:

3. xero9 macrumors 6502a

I've been trying to find out if it's possible to block a range of numbers in iOS10 (compared to simply one specific number at a time). No one has answered me yet. Hoping maybe someone can answer both our questions at once!

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I know some carriers allow that in their carrier settings

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Not that I can see. You still can't enter a number to block either, it still has to be either a contact or a recent AFAIK

6. xero9 macrumors 6502a

Ugh! Thanks for the confirmation though!

At least based on what GreyOS said, maybe I can brush up on my Swift skills and even if I can make a basic app that I only load onto my phone to block such numbers, at least it's something!

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like there's hope that other developers might provide something that has more options that could be used for different types of situations.

8. themuseboy macrumors newbie

themuseboy

Until a App comes out I have set up my own work around using contacts.

I created a single contact called "aaa Scam do not answer" The aaa puts it as the first contact in my contact list. I set up this contact with silent text ring, no vibrate and created a ringtone of Silent that has no sound. Everytime I get a spam call or any call I don't recognize I look them up on-line to confirm spam etc. If they are spam or scam I add the number to my aa Scam contact. I have over 100+ numbers so far in this one contact.

The biggest problem is that everytime I add a number to the contact, the contact ring tone goes back to default instead of my silent ring tone. Otherwise it works pretty well as a work around.

Mark