Another 3.1.1 Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zapbranagan, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Zapbranagan macrumors newbie

I have a SIP account set up with a DID number. I have voicemail. I use my ipod touch as a pda for my work. What my Sip account does is when the number is called it goes to a voicemail. A wav file of the message is made and emailed to me. Before the update I could listen to the wav file from my Ipod but now with the new update, I can't. What the hell?

2. ldgatlin macrumors newbie

same problem

Same exact situation with my iPhone 3GS. Our company voicemail sends any messages left for a user as WAV file in an atachment via e-mail to the user. Worked before, after the update users can no longer play the WAV files.

3. Zapbranagan thread starter macrumors newbie

What a pain. Is there someone we can contact at apple to let them know of this issue.

4. Rappy macrumors newbie

I have contacted apple and AT & T regarding this issue- after spending 2 hours on the phone with them, they stated that this is actually a "fix" to a security flaw that was found with exchange and the iPhone. Currently, my Avaya phone system does send wav attachments. Previously, we had an issue getting the iphone to pick up the emails from exchange, and ultimately, the user, after the emails had been sent by our Avaya IPO. The work around was to create a rule that all phone messages from the Avaya were to be automatically forwarded to the user, and that was a workaround. Now, that has been broken, but according to AT&T, and apple, it's actually been fixed. I am trying to fenagle something to get around this, but have had no luck thus far.

=H=