Another 4s Jailbreak in works?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Jan 5, 2012.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

I know this may be a stretch but does anyone else think that the Chronic-Dev team is working on a 4s jailbreak and may be close? Some of their recent posts have me thinking they may be up to something. Maybe like releasing something before pod2g like geohot did to them with L1merain. I know its a stretch but im looking for some good news.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

;)pod2g and chronic work together.. Pod2g is credited for finding the exploit they are talking about the same jailbreak. Lots of people are going to open this and be mad.

3. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have no idea if that is actually going on, however one would have to think that there is more than just @pod2g working on the JB. I mean really he is the only one who has said anything, do it may be possible that some1, somewhere is working on a JB.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I would keep your eyes open for an announcement on or before Tuesday, January 10th from chronic-dev or pod2g.

5. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know they both kinda work together but pod2g is not exactly part of their team. I know its a long shot but hey u never know

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

We can always hope but doesnt look good at the moment.

7. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Well, from what I read, the only reason geohot released his exploit was because Apple was already aware of the limera1n exploit and he didn't want chronic-dev uselessly revealing another bootrom exploit to Apple (although SHAtter ended up being patched in A5 anyway).

If anything, it's possible chronic-dev discovered a bootrom exploit for A5 that could be used to jb tethered (and then combine that with pod2g's untether).

8. tehreflex macrumors 6502

Shiiiiiiii. If the chronic-dev found a bootrom exploit I think I'd bust a nut! That'd be awesome.

9. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats what I'm hoping for!! I just feel that something is going to happen by the 10th of January. I could be totally wrong and I probably am. But I know Pod2g is a smart dude and he would not put the "week" time frame out there if it wasn't possible. Regardless of what his blog said today I think he is very close and something could be ready anyday. As he said "with some luck"

And like I said from a few twitter posts I've seen from Chronic dev team members I feel they are up to something also. I guess we will wait and see. Which is kinda fun in itself!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed.....

10. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

It's all speculation, BUT, their twitter accounts were buzzing with energy. And if pod2g is waiting, then maybe that's why.

11. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

12. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

An A5 is an A5. The A4 in the iPad was the same as the iPhone 4. If he indeed had bootrom exploits, then they should still work. Maybe this is the great news they are referencing then, they must have been waiting for something. If they have the A5 bootrom exploits lined up, maybe they are waiting for iOS 5.1 so they can release the untethered portion (since the untethered portion is software based and easily patched by Apple).

13. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Well ion1c said the exploits he found are still open in 5.1 (and thus, can be used for an untethered jb). I'm thinking the hold up over any possible untethered jb for A5 devices is it's currently not as stable as they want it to be.