Another 60W Magsafe Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zanevalon, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Zanevalon macrumors newbie

SO my charge has begun to fall apart and show its wiring, like many other people's has. I read up on the forum how apple was replacing them free in/out of warranty which is awesome right?

So i take it to the local apple store of 5th ave and explain my problem...and all they tell me is that they no longer are replacing them and i would have to buy a new one for $80!

Honestly that is completely outrageous considering the site says they're replacing them...anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do next? i cant seem to find an email address to contact apple on the website...so where should i take it from here?

2. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

3. julienko3 macrumors regular

Hey Zane. I had the same problem and it does suck. They didn't replace mine either. I bought one from California I think but it was some Japanese dude who is trying to scam me or something. It wasn't the Apple magsafe, but rather some knock off crap. It powers my computer, but I'm not sure if it can charge the battery.

Another thing that pisses me off is that I had to wait a month before I could afford a charger, and in that month, my MacBook must have been in a deep sleep mode, because when I plugged it in, the battery was dead. I've had a dead battery for about three months now and am waiting to see when I can finally buy a new one. If I unplug the cord, my computer shuts down immediately. It sucks.

Bottom line - you probably don't want to buy one from eBay unless you're sure it's an Apple Charger.
    They suck, but they're the best.

Good luck man.