Another 7.4 earthquake over by Japan

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mdlooker, Apr 7, 2011.

1. mdlooker, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

MSNBC says another earthquake hit off of Japan again! 7.4 magnitude which caused another tsunami alert for the northeastern coast. I believe they should STOP ALL PRODUCTIONS until further notice!

*EDIT*

Sorry my good folks. What I said was written wrong so I changed it. Never meant any harm.

2. eninety macrumors newbie

Really?...

3. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I hope not but they're so fragile over there at this point. This is crazy! What are they suppose to do over there?

4. joesegh macrumors regular

5. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

The people there are suffering and you are thinking about the iPad 2?

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Japan is dealing with crisis after crisis and yours is a possible iPad2 delay? You need some real problems... I mean other than that baboon-arse hideous, insensitive, priority-distorted attitude.

But I'm sure these iPads are top priority! :rolleyes:

7. elan123 macrumors 6502

haha, funny and true...

8. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

Seriously? Thousands upon thousands dead, radiation leaking into the Pacific, millions displaced from their homes and jobs and you are worried about getting your iPad2? Maybe you should fly to Japan so you can buy one there directly and take in the sights while you are at it...just so you can see how stupid you sound worrying about getting your gadget on time.

9. psml macrumors member

Agreed !!!!!

10. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I call people like this JA's! Jack A@$es!

I specifically said that they are fragile and can't take this anymore. Keep it in context-We are in MacForums and of course this would be something to look at with iPad2 sales and production.

This BY NO MEANS is taking away of the severity of what's going on in their society. Chill out!

11. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

And I have an iPad 2. Nothing about me in this!

12. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I have no comment for you.

13. suki21 macrumors newbie

by the great god Pan! I hope they can get people to safety.

14. Built macrumors 68020

Well said!

15. PBz macrumors 6502a

If anyone is interested there is a great app for earthquakes called QuakeWatch.

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Well, to be fair, Japan eats 7.4 earthquakes for breakfast. It's really only the proximity of this quake to the last one that's unfortunate. Hopefully Fukushima holds.

17. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

How old are you?

18. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Even if the events there do cause delivery issues, this is something that Apple has to face. Of course people want to get their gadget as soon as possible, but creating a thread to say that a new earthquake has hit Japan and on the same time talk about the iPad is not right. Don't you get it?

19. goMac macrumors 603

20. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Look let me say this.. Their has been many talks with the earthquake in contrast with the iPad. Maybe I gave the intro wrong. I will Never want to take away from what is going on over there. It's incomprehensible! So I'm sorry if I offended anyone as I feel the exact same way as you.

21. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

http://upc.*************/uploads/images_other/1backpedaling.jpg

22. wpotere, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

wpotere Guest

I think the problem is that you actually did minimize what is happening there with what you wrote. My advice is to go fix it. ;)

23. goMac macrumors 603

The earthquake JUST happened, and the tsunami hasn't even reached Japan yet. It's a little inappropriate to leap past all that directly to "is this going to hurt iPad production?" How about "I hope everyone can get to higher ground."?

24. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Oh no I was just reitterating that a warning was given. Did I miss that part? Sorry if I did. I believe they should evacuate everyone within 15 mi or less to another part of the country until which time some sort of predictability can be made. They've had 2 in less than 24 hrs.

25. reputationZed macrumors 65816

In the OP's defense if I didn't already have my iPad2 I'd be wondering how this might affect availability. I doubt that I'd voice this concern on a public forum, but it would certainly have crossed my mind. I'd be more impressed if those who responded to this thread proposed doing something constructive to help the situation rather than dog piling on the OP for being insensitive. Beating up on the OP is not going to help the people of Japan, if you want to help, help, otherwise your no more sympathetic to the situation than the OP.

https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052&idb=0