Another 9.7 iPad in October

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Mar 22, 2016.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I believe Apple will roll out another one in October making the excuse to drop the headphones with a new lightning connector like IPad 3-4.

They have held back on Force touch and 4 or 4gb ran for a future update.

iPad larger pro will highly likely be updated then so I believe they will refresh the mini and larger pro.

2. Rideherhard macrumors 6502

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple hold off on all iPad updates till this time next year, look at how long the air 2 has been on the market for and still a top performer. iOS needs to advance more so than the iPad.

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Given the sales numbers, I think we're on something like a 12-18 month cycle now for iPad updates.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Yep. People holding on to their iPads longer and longer. Yearly updates are just too fast.

5. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

True but the iPad line all have different specs so I think they will quietly update them atleast by the summer or later. For example put the new cameras on the larger Pro.

6. mfm77 macrumors member

mfm77

The bigger Pro probably will be the first iPad sans headphone jack. From a business standpoint, Apple probably wants to have at least one of its iPads using the new lightning headphones, so it's either a new Pro or a new Mini (highly unlikely).

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't see that happening as well. iPad sales are not stellar, why roll out a new version and dilute their current offerings. They did that once and it angered a lot of people (updated the iPad Air).

8. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

if they did release another, I'd hate to think what it would do their credibility!