Another ADC Discount Question for those who have done it

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HybridX, Jul 20, 2007.

1. HybridX macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

New to these forums! Hi everyone. Anyways I have a question about the ADC discount. After pondering the decision for way too long (I originally had a friend who is an employee who was going to purchase it but he won't get an adequate discount in time), I have decided to purchase a MBP and have decided that preferably I would like to purchase it with the ADC discount. My question is how long does it take between actually purchasing the ADC student membership and being able to access the ADC store. I know it usually takes 3-5 days to process your membership, is there any extra time after this before you can use your discount? Also is there a delay in ship time. Is it possible to get my laptop by August 10th if I purchase ADC tomorrow? Thanks alot

-Hybrid

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

It usually takes a few days for ADC to process your dev. account. I did it Australia, and it took about a working week for the discount to appear in my 'Assets' page in my ADC Account. It may vary but a week is reasonable.

There shouldn't be any difference in shipping time between the normal/developer stores, I think it still ships through the normal channels. However, there may be a delay, depending on your model (not related to ADC), ie: the SR MBP's with the LED screens have a huge delay, and you may not get it in time (you can always access the Developer Online Store for shipping times).

3. HybridX thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. So the only time period between buying ADC membership and actually being able to purchase the laptop is the time it takes them to process my student information? I'm in the U.S. by the way forgot to mention that :).

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

From my experience it took a mere three hours after faxing my student information for my membership to be activated. I would suspect the time would be 24 hours or less for your membership to be activated.

5. Magikk macrumors newbie

Yeah, it doesn't take long. Half an hour after I faxed my class schedule, I called them up to check on the status and they activated it on the spot.

For those who have oredered from the ADC hardware store, how long did it take for the product to ship?

My MBP estimated about two weeks which seems a bit high.

6. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

How much is the developer discount? I don't actually develop anything, but if I can pay some amount of money and get discounts that make it worth it...

ETA: Never mind! I found a link to the store. I'm kind of disappointed that there's no discount on refurbs, but the discounts on new products are crazy!