another advice iMac choice

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Zxxv, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Hi,

Im missing having a computer due to my work flow grinding to a halt.

I thought I could survive on iPhone alone. I couldn't so I bought an Apple TV to mirror the screen onto a bigger screen and use a Bluetooth keyboard in the hope it would do what I wanted. Again it didn't. So I bought an iPad. In the hope it would fill the gap. It didn't. I still ended up with the same work flow problem.

So I thought about it. I wondered what was the problem. When I realised what it was I thought oh so is there an app for that, hmm. Then it dawned on me. There was a solution. It's called a computer.

The problem I have is not one of creation (Im typing all the time on iPhone or iPad)
    I sometimes respond to an email but only send part and save the rest elsewhere in a note or day one journal. I also add things to journal when out. And just about write stuff everywhere.

the problem I face is pulling it all together. On iPad or iPhone I only have one window. I can't see all my work and drag it into the right places. It's not fun. It's not enjoyable.

So I need or want or think I require an iMac.

I played with the 27" in an apple store a few times now and I can have all my windows open so size is decided.

its what configuration do I need.

I would be doing typing and editing a lot in pages, pasting from other documents and safari, at the same time I'd be watching Netflix, or bbciplayer, or youtube, or a iTunes movie, or playing music,

I'd also maybe be editing some video for youtube or photos for iPhoto journals.

facetime, imessage, maybe encoding a video from dvd but once thats done its done.

Im not sure if theres anything else i'd be doing. Im not really into games these days but that maybe just a console thing. I grew up on keyboards, chuckie egg, manic miner, repton and loved the z x , ; space bar control system haha

thanks if you can help :)

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The low end 27" will do you fine.

3. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

If you even thought for one minute that an iPhone would work as a replacement for a computer, than the low-end 27 iMac will exceed all expectations.

4. Bear macrumors G3

Pretty good analysis, I agree.

5. Zxxv thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks for your help. My main worry was if the system would stutter while i watch netflix, iplayer and itunes movies at the same time as doing the other stuff. Glad to know I'll be fine :)

6. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I'm sure your iMac can handle Netflix and a few other apps open at the same time.. Actually I'm postive.

7. Zxxv thread starter macrumors 68040

It's tough to tell sometimes with all the posts on here. I tried reading and relating them to my use age but all I saw was people beings told to get more ram, get the GPU, go ssd. It put my head in a spin and left me wondering what the base model could do if anything at all.