Another AEBS and printer issue thread

Fiko

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
New York
OK, I am trying to hook up my hp 3600 series to my Airport Extreme Base Station via USB. When I go to Airport Utility there is no printer listed under "Printers" tab. How the heck do I install/connect my hp and make it work?! I installed latest driver from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=219&product=304535 When I am adding the printer in Print & Fax do I go for "Default" or "IP"? When I go for Default there is no printer listed if it is connected to AEBS. When I go for IP how do I set it up? When I connect the printer to my MacBook Pro everything works flawless. Please help, I am desperate. (Not to mention that I tried different settings but no luck. I am on 10.6.2)

gsahli

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago
Did you set up the printer once via direct USB first? Like when installing software?
The way Express/Extreme work is that Apple software and firmware "redirect" USB output from print driver to the USB port on the A/X. That isn't Like IP print servers - so you have to be able to use the "default" window to select it like a USB printer.

Fiko

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
New York
Well I can select the printer when I plug it in MacBook Pro but then there is no printer when it is plugged in AEBS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.