Another AEBS and printer issue thread

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fiko, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Fiko macrumors member

OK, I am trying to hook up my hp 3600 series to my Airport Extreme Base Station via USB. When I go to Airport Utility there is no printer listed under "Printers" tab. How the heck do I install/connect my hp and make it work?! I installed latest driver from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=219&product=304535 When I am adding the printer in Print & Fax do I go for "Default" or "IP"? When I go for Default there is no printer listed if it is connected to AEBS. When I go for IP how do I set it up? When I connect the printer to my MacBook Pro everything works flawless. Please help, I am desperate. (Not to mention that I tried different settings but no luck. I am on 10.6.2)

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Id it going through a hub and if so is the hub powered? If the AEBS can't see the printer in the Printers tab then no computer will either.

3. Fiko thread starter macrumors member

4. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Did you set up the printer once via direct USB first? Like when installing software?
    The way Express/Extreme work is that Apple software and firmware "redirect" USB output from print driver to the USB port on the A/X. That isn't Like IP print servers - so you have to be able to use the "default" window to select it like a USB printer.

5. Fiko thread starter macrumors member

Well I can select the printer when I plug it in MacBook Pro but then there is no printer when it is plugged in AEBS.

6. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

7. Fiko thread starter macrumors member