another airport express / limited one folder viewing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by miTunes75, Apr 10, 2009.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

I believe that I am confused all-the-way around. I'm needing some advice or a smack in the head. Here's what's going on.

Currently, we live in a manufactured home that is about 80 feet in length. The master bedroom, where the computer (mac mini) is set up on one side of the house, and the kids' bedroom with their computer, is on the other side of the house. Right now, I have the airport express in the master bedroom which is where the dedicated cable internet line is. I have tried using a bridge from work on the kids computer (as it doesn't have a pci wireless card in it---yes, a PC), but there is just no signal. I have tested the signal strength with my iphone and it drops past the front door (which is halfway). So, I have read to solve this problem, is to purchase another express and put it at a halfway point (to be an extender). OK, fine, that makes sense. The express I have in the master bedroom is an older model (G) and the new one that I will purchase will be an (N). Will they communicate okay?

Oh yes, more drama....
    I would like to set up a playlist/folder with my girls' music in it. I have the music on my current setup in the master bedroom and is able to be streamed to the living room with my appletv (love that thing). I would like to install iTunes on their PC and have it see my iTunes library from across the house; but ONLY this particular playlist/folder that I set up with the girls' music in it. Can this be done?

I know there is a lot of questions here, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to get all my plans together so that when I execute them, there won't be any disappointments. Thanks, ya'll.

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

that setup should work.

If you look on the sharing options in itunes, you can choose to share just one (or multiple) playlist . so as long as you don't want to share more to other people, you should be fine. And it shouldn't affect your appleTV.