Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sehnsucht

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2008
I sure hope that you don't work in Wal-Mart's computer department, because you don't seem to understand much about them.

I do. Your hopes have been epically dashed. :D

Walmart.com shows a number of Core 2 Duo systems, including two marked as "available in stores" (most are online-only).

I'll keep that in mind.

Also, you apparently don't understand that those "dinky 3 year old Pentiums" are really new "Core 2 Duo" chips (Merom/Allendale/Wolfdale) - although they are marked as "Pentium" because of a smaller L2 cache.

Touché, but just once I'd like to see a few box systems on our salesfloor that aren't chock-full of corner-cutting tricks. Can there not just be at least one system that does not have any of the following?

Intel GMA graphics
AMD Sempron CPU
Rebranded anything
Display with TN-LCD panel

Personally, I'd like Walmart to carry in-store at least one Dell minitower with say, 4 GB of RAM, an "actual" Core 2 Duo CPU, and a midrange NVIDIA graphics card. Of course, most Walmart shoppers don't care what box they buy as long as it's cheap and contains something resembling a computer so they can "browse the internet and check their email." :rolleyes: I thought PCs were supposed to have better hardware for the price, but as of right now, there's a certain little store with shiny aluminum walls in a nearby shopping mall that's beating every computer we have by a long shot. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.