Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/19/jackson.ranch/index.html

this has DEFINITELY got my attention. Warrants, searches, the WORKS!

"All I want, all I need, all I want, all I need
Just one more chance
Show you that I love you, baby (I want you back)
Forget what happened then, let me live again
Oh baby, I was blind to let you go
But now since I see you in his arms
(I want you back) Spare me of this cost
and give back what I lost "

–The Jackson 5, "I want you back"

Oh. And this wonderous tidbit:

"Stuart Backerman, a spokesman for Jackson, said the singer has been in Las Vegas, Nevada, for the past two-and-a-half weeks, shooting a video for the song "One More Chance." That single is on his "Number Ones" album, a greatest-hits collection released Tuesday by Epic Records."

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Well, if he does go to trial we'll get another lesson in how money and/or top-notch lawyers can affect the outcome of a criminal proceeding.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by mactastic
Well, if he does go to trial we'll get another lesson in how money and/or top-notch lawyers can affect the outcome of a criminal proceeding.

and how that all sparks record sales.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
so I can almost imagine what it would be like searching Jackson's mansion and the weirdness there in. And then I'd have to up that a couple notches to even approach reality :rolleyes:

But the big question is what did they find?

D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by Moxiemike
and how that all sparks record sales.

:rolleyes:

Interestinlgy enough, he did comment on how these scandals tend to surface around the time of a project, album or video release.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by eyelikeart
Interestinlgy enough, he did comment on how these scandals tend to surface around the time of a project, album or video release.

the only problem is that if its a criminal offense here, he might not have a chance at settling out of court.....

can anyone here imagine what would happen if MJ ended up serving time?

D

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
the only problem is that if its a criminal offense here, he might not have a chance at settling out of court.....

can anyone here imagine what would happen if MJ ended up serving time?

D

Wow. Yea. His faced wouldn't be the only thing that looks disfigured.....

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Moxiemike
Wow. Yea. His faced wouldn't be the only thing that looks disfigured.....

I honestly don't know if he'd survive....that or go even more out of his mind. And it all depends on what he'd be put away for - child molesting and all bets are off....:(

D

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
I honestly don't know if he'd survive....that or go even more out of his mind. And it all depends on what he'd be put away for - child molesting and all bets are off....:(

D

But would he go to a regular prison or a rich person prison?

Lethal

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Originally posted by LethalWolfe
But would he go to a regular prison or a rich person prison?

Lethal

regular. are there any 'rich' prisons for pedophiles? i know they often have to seperate rapists and pedophiles from other criminals because the other people in prison tend to kick their you know whats...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
All are the same under the law.

However, given his background, he might get special attention or request solitary and avoid having to deal with the other.

Mike Tyson didn't get any special privileges? But then again, no body was going to mess with that Mike....;)

D

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
The fate of John Geoghan should give MJ pause if he actually goes to prison. I doubt it will happen though. If OJ and Durst can get acquitted, surely MJ can too. I wonder how Kobe will fare. I imagine he will get acquitted too.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
The fate of John Geoghan should give MJ pause if he actually goes to prison. I doubt it will happen though. If OJ and Durst can get acquitted, surely MJ can too. I wonder how Kobe will fare. I imagine he will get acquitted too.

What's funny is, if i had to rank the people who i'd want to get acquitted, MJ would probably be first.

Then Kobe, Durst and OJ. I'd love to see any of them in prison.

Michael... I think there's a TRUE psychological malfunction with him (look at his family) and I really kinda believe that he thinks he's doing all the right things.

Kobe, i'm 50-50 on.

But most of 'em... man. it's sickening to think.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
I figure he'll get off, or at least no prison time. I consider him very suspicious in his demeanor toward children. I doubt this is a coincidence, though he deserves a fair trial (which it won't be). If he goes away for molesting children I assume he will be killed by inmates (as many pedophiles are).

Dan

68k_575

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2002

He's now $328M in debt.:D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I guess Jackson is innocent in the eyes of the law until proven guilty, but it'll be hard for him to shake off the new charges in the world of public opinion, whether true or false.

But somethine else bothers me more:
District Attorney Tom Sneddon said he did not know whether the parents of the accuser were aware of the past allegations.
Who are these parents who let their children stay with Jackson? Either (a) they ignore the obvious danger based on the previous accusations or (b) they don't know anything about Jackson and his past, as Mr. Sneddon suggests, in which case they are leaving their children with somebody who is a stranger to them. Either way, maybe the parents are the ones who should be locked up for the safety of their children.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Do people still buy MJ albums???

He hasn't made a decent album since the days of Thriller IMHO.

His new one is #1 in the UK, so some people are buying it. Just don't ask what they're smoking. ;)

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Firstly, the CD is a greatest hits album, so they people that made those songs sell will buy this one. They aren't smoking anything, it's their taste in music.

Also, his advisor as of right now is the lawyer in the Lacy Peterson case. So, he's got a big one. Kobe has the same lawyer from the John Bonet Ramsey case (poor little girl)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I just saw this & kinda was repulsed by it. Does this man ever eat?

capt.rs10811202309.michael_jackson_rs108.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.