another Apple Watch order thread.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JSENNY25, May 16, 2015.

1. JSENNY25, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015

JSENNY25 macrumors member

Believe me, I know that everyone here is sick of seeing these types of things. For that I'm sorry...

Long story short I ordered the 42mm space gray sport late on April 10. I did not get a confirmation email to the next day. I finally received notice saying it should be delivered between the 22nd and 29th of June.

My family is going on vacation and I will not be home at all. The neighbors I live by 80 years old and up so I do not want to bother them to sign for a package.

My local delivery companies have "lost" orders twice now when I buy electronics and no one is home to sign for them and they get sent back to the warehouse. I don't trust it.

I've also been interested in the sterling silver after seeing some posts here on MacRumors.

The Sterling silver 38 mm with sport band Could be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks meaning I would have it with plenty of time before I going vacation.

What do you folks think?

Cancel the 42 mm sport and order the 38 mm stainless steel?

Or hope my delivery comes earlier than expected? -any experience with an earlier delivery would be appreciated.-

In case you're curious I am a guy with 172 mm wrists.

2. JSENNY25 thread starter macrumors member

3. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Don't take it personally, just did 'the rounds' on the majority of these threads with it.

----------

We all hope your watch is with you safe and sound, soon.

4. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

I think your watch will come before that, but I can only speculate. The 38mm SS Looks great in my opinion and you might be happier having the saphire display.

Here's my 38 on my 180mm wrist. It looks like a "normal" watch size, to me.
    People around here will say it's too small.

I was at a family gathering shortly after I got my watch. 10 people, whom know nothing about the apple watch and are brutally honest were asked if the watch looked to small on me. Most looked at me as if it was a strange question. All said no, and most said it looked like a normal watch. Hope this helps, good luck!

Also just so you know, I'm 5'10" and 205lbs.

Attached Files:

5. JSENNY25 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. That's a good point I definitely don't need to have the "smart watch" look. When I tried on in the Apple Store my wife seem to think that 38 was a little bit too small for me but I didn't mind it. I actually like the fact it was a little bit more subtle.

6. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Just a quick correction. You were saying sterling silver. When people say SS, they mean Stainless Steel. It's not silver.

7. JSENNY25 thread starter macrumors member

Whoops. Corrected.

8. JSENNY25 thread starter macrumors member

Still up in the air.

I actually checked to see if I could have anyone come to the house and sign for the watch if we were on vacation.

As of now it's going to be hard getting someone to sign for the watch while we are gone.

The idea of the 38 mm stainless steel is starting to grow on me.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

9. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

This answer could apply to each and every one of here threads that asks about what size to get.

Try them on in an Apple Store if possible. Look at them from various angles and take all the photos and selfies you want. Which does your gut tell you to get?

Go with that. Who cares what somebody else with the same/smaller/larger wrists got? Who cares what anyone else thinks about your decision. This is being marketed as the most personal device Apple has made. The choice of size & configuration should be personal as well.

If you cannot get to an Apple Store, there are various ways to print and wear true to life size paper versions so you can go through the same process.

10. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

Honestly? I think you'd be happier if you canceled the order and ordered again after you return from vacation. That will remove all the stress about the delivery and the stress about having ordered the wrong watch. The shipping times are going to improve from now on.