Another AT&T question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by forza69, Oct 7, 2011.

1. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

That's pretty much the same as others but.. yeah... anyway, I'm pre-ordering through AT&T and once I get to the checkout page it says that crap on the top

Your new device requires a different Data Add-on Plan than you currently have. We selected a compatible Data Add-on Plan for you. If you want a different plan, you can change the Data Add-on Plan by selecting Change here or from within myAT&T after you receive and activate your new device.

It shows that I'm being charged 30.00 for data which I assume that's the unlimited data plan, minus 6.60 for some discount that my brother has with his work. Has anyone else gone through this? Why is that message at the top showing up? Is it some trick to get you to give up your grandfathered plan?

2. sullez macrumors 6502

I got the same message - I came from blackberry. I was nervous @ first. I clicked the change link and selected one of the other data options to see what would happen - when I did that I got another alert that then notified me that If I continued I would be removing my unlimited data. I then felt that it was safe to proceed with the original compatible data paln alert.

3. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

This is what I mean..

[​IMG]

I tried choosing another data plan but that pop up warning me that I would lose the unlimited plan didn't pop up :/ I guess I'll just have to wait until launch day and go with my brother...

4. carbonfly macrumors regular

I got that too, but notice it's still charging you for the unlimited data plan. I went ahead and ordered. Everything is fine.

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yea, I got freaked out by that too. But it replaces your "Unlimited data for iPhone" plan to a new "Unlimited data for iPhone 4S" plan.

I have a feeling the change is because there will be no more unlimited data after this upgrade.

6. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

7. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Why is it that AT&T/Apple can't explain this to us instead of having to test our luck? I'd be really upset if I lost my unlimited data plan. Do you guys have any proof that you were able to keep your grandfathered plan?

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

My grandfathered plan appeared when I placed the order, no problem. Just like last year. AT&T makes it fast & easy. I'd never switch carriers.

9. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

+1

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This is the way it always is when a new iPhone comes out. To tell you the truth, it looks like this is going more smooth that normal. Looks like not everyone is upgrading.

Same here upgraded both my lines on AT&T and kept the unlimited plan.
    All is good.