Another AUO screen ... not doing so well in the panel lottery...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by entatlrg, Oct 9, 2013.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I buy a lot of Mac's for my company, we have a number of Air's all have either LG or Samsung screen, both suit us fine after calibrating the LG of course.

Ordered another 11", i7/8/512 noticed the sheen/contrast was off immediately, checked and it was an AUO screen, we had no luck calibrating it. Returned it, placed another order, same thing, out of the box the screen was horrible, checked and sure enough another AUO screen, it's going back to.

Anyone have luck phoning Apple, explaining the problem and then ending up with an LG or Samsung panel?

2. l0gikb0mb macrumors regular

Had a 13" Air with LG. Had the same problems you described, awful contrast. Also had a 2012 air with Samsung. Wasn't much better. The screens on them aren't good to begin with.

3. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

The screens are ok and are better now than they were in the past, agreed though the contrast can be off with the Macbook Airs which just give a little more reason for getting a Pro.

Regarding returns, you best bet might be shopping around... However it still would be a lucky dip.

4. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

I don't know if people are completely ruined by HD televisions these days, but I find the MBA screen to be excellent. I've owned both a Samsung and LG and find them both to be very satisfying. But, to each his own..

I've heard of a lot of people returning the AUO screen, so I'm expecting this to be the only year we see it in the MBA..