Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Just watched this awesome render of the iPhone 7. That jet black version looks awesome.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Better speaker? The fundamental issue with the speaker is that is projectzs away from the user. Fix that Apple and we dont need stereo.

Ipad pro speakers also project away from the user but it sounds phenomenal and like its coming from the center of the screen.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Ipad pro speakers also project away from the user but it sounds phenomenal and like its coming from the center of the screen.
That's simply not true. The sound is better than iPhones because the speakers are bigger.

GRANTCKING

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
the black phone looks so nice, if they released that with a camera that was flush and not sticking out it would be the GOAT iphone

Reactions: akash.nu

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Better speaker? The fundamental issue with the speaker is that is projectzs away from the user. Fix that Apple and we dont need stereo.
While agree about how speaker projects away from user, I have found at least a work around if not a solution. I always hold my iPhone 6s Plus in landscape mode for videos, YouTube, movies etc. I hold it in hand fingers on back cupping palm around speaker. This directs sound towards me quite effectively.

On my 4s I used a Mophie battery case which had channels for sound directing to front which worked very well.

Just a couple of ideas to explore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.