Another Battery Life Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by forcetactic, Sep 1, 2010.

1. forcetactic macrumors 6502

My battery life was alright for the past month; I got around ~6 hours for 3g usage mixed with a bit of games. However, these past 2 days the battery life has been abysmal. The only thing I have changed is #1 we're on a trip and recently went to Texas, where it gets up to 97 and heats up i4 fast and #2 i installed a google mobile app which does receive push.

For the past 2 days, I only get 4.5 hours of 3g before my i4 completely dies. It seems like every 2 min or so that I'm actually using the phone, my percent goes down by 1. Last night after I charged it, I went to sleep and the next morning, the battery life is at 90% with 1 hour of usage (how is this possible).

Any suggestions

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Turn off push/bluetooth/location services and report back battery life. Also if you are traveling and the signal is weak the battery will drain faster (especially if it looses signal here and there)

3. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Sorry to steal your thread, but I'm in the same situation. I'm not sure what's going on with my battery either. I was easily getting 6 to 7 hours of battery life with nothing on. No 3g, push, locations etc. I added lockinfo on Monday and now my phone is losing 10% of battery within 30 min of standby. If I'm actually using the phone I see the battery drain go down a percent every 2 min and that's just keeping the homescreen on. Nothing else.

4. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

I have had the same problem, and what bothered me the most is when I was asleep and the phone was on standby and the battery drained up to 15%. I ended up going to the Apple store telling my problems with the Geniuses, and compared the battery life to that of my old iPhone 3g and they agreed that it was a problem and switched it out.

The replacement battery percentage now doesnt even budge overnight. 100% when I fall asleep, 8hrs later still a 100%. THe old i4 could never last a day with normal use, now mine last 2

5. Fuzzy.Dunlop macrumors regular

Same for me - With in 3 hrs this morning after 2 short phonecalls and a couple of emails received I was down to 75% - After 10 hrs with only a couple more short calls a few mails received and about 30 minutes web browsing I'm down to 14% - All notifications are off and only push is on

6. forcetactic thread starter macrumors 6502

I turned off push for exchange and the battery life got a bit better but nothing like before. Do you know how long you have to bring your iPhone to genius bar for free exchange?

7. forcetactic thread starter macrumors 6502

Can someone answer my question please

8. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

its under the warranty so you can bring it whenever... however the longer you wait the worse the battery is gonna get and Apple will probably just blame it on normal-life of any battery... dont wait and just go

9. kiantech macrumors regular

run it down

Also if you haven't already tried, run it down all the way until it shuts off, and then charge again. This refreshes all (most) of the battery cells