another battery question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maccie21, May 29, 2008.

1. maccie21 macrumors newbie

Warning: I'm a Mac newbie, so if you find my questions dumb, please be nice :eek:

So I've had my refurbished 15 in. macbook pro for exactly a week now. Everything's great and couldn't be happier, but the battery is one thing that really bothers me. The biggest (if not THE) reason I made the switch was because I was envious of my friend's "5-hour battery life". Anyways, my battery health (based on coconut battery & istat) has always fluctuated between 98-97% health. It was never 100% to start out with, i figured it was because I got a refurbished. But then in the last several hours, my battery fell from 97% health to 92% health. Now, before I call apple and beg for a better battery...should I bother? Or will they laugh at me?

Thanks all for reading :)

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I wouldn't worry too much right now. Since the beginning of May, my battery has gone from 93% health (5898/6300 mAh) back up to 98% health (6185/6300 mAh) through this evening. I am currently sitting on 94 cycles with a 2.16 CD MBP with its second battery (1st one replaced about this time last year).

3. Feng Shui macrumors regular

Well, I ended up with a similar batter. My refurbished MBP came with a battery with 12 cycles already on it and only 98-97 health. It has jumped down a few times to numbers near 92, but calibrating it makes it go back to 97. I suggest you calibrate it first before giving apple a call. Just leave your macbook pro running without the power plug plugged in. Wait until it runs out of battery power and goes to sleep. Let it sleep, or turn it off, for more than 5 hours. Afterwards, plug the power back in and start using it again. You should get a more accurate reading of the batter life after this procedure.

Good luck~

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Refurbished or not, they cannot sell you a 12-cycle battery; you should have asked for a replacement at the Apple store.

5. Feng Shui macrumors regular

Do you think now its too late, after 2 weeks, now that I have put on another 2 cycles?

Thanks~

6. maccie21 thread starter macrumors newbie

mine came with 7 cycles...I guess there really is a difference between "new" and "refurbished"