Phones Another bezels less phone. This time by OPPO

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by jamezr, Mar 24, 2015.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

2. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Wouldn't your palm keep touching the screen. And is that the final product? I know people are into bezel-less phones right now but I don't know, I don't find it a good looking phone.

3. epicrayban macrumors 603

epicrayban

4. Zxxv macrumors 68040

side bezels on iPhone are fine. Top and bottom could be smaller for sure.

5. jamezr thread starter macrumors G3

jamezr

That's exactly what I was thinking too! I was just trying to find something to link it with OPO. They are joined at the hip so I think we might see something similar from OPO

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I don't consider that to be "bezel-less" or at the very least AS bezel-less as the Sharp. ;) It really doesn't look much different than other phones IMO. IIRC HTC produced a phone that looked very similar to that.

Nope. I' own the Sharp Aquos and I haven't had any problems because of a lack of bezel. But for anyone interested in similar phones and are concerned, I recommend that they try handling them in a store to see how it works or doesn't work for them.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

8. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

I think this is about where the bezels are. I don't think you can really avoid top and bottom bezels, as you need them for camera, sensors, speakers, and mics. The side you can do without.

The Sharp Aquos is cool n all, but having to turn it up side down to take a pic is kinda strange.

9. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I've never had to turn it upside down to take a picture... ah, for selfies... well, it isn't any stranger than having to rotate any phone 90 degrees to take a landscape picture... unless you're one of those who takes portrait oriented photos. ;) :eek:

10. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

At least I don't take portrait oriented videos haha

11. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

12. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

nah, the Oneplus phones are budget phones, won't even be close to looking as nice

13. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

lol that phone looks like what the iphone 6+ really should look like.

OTOH, it'd crack if you looked at it funny.

14. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

The lack of a bezel seems like it would be a pain in the ass to use.

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

Thanks to Sharp for starting a trend. Samsung will likely start one with the S6e. I don't like bezel-less. I tried it for two weeks with the Aquos Crystal and it isn't for me. I might be also be losing interest in the coolest looking smartphone of 2015, S6 edge, as well.

I think the Note 4 or Nexus 6 is more practical for me. I believe the Note 4 is still the best all-around device out there. I try to justify not having an SD slot or swappable battery but that usually becomes a problem as time goes on. I need SD slot more and more now. Tired of downloading videos which can be large files and then transferring them to the computer or phone with a memory card. Videos are at 360p but I have many random ones that can reach 100 MB per file. Once the smoke clears, the Note 4 might still be the best all-around Samsung out there. No screen design gimmicks. Just fundamentally sound, versatile features that will get more useful and needed over time.

16. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Cannot go wrong with the Note 4 which should sell now at a discount and the Nexus 6 is a great device as well.

17. theturtle macrumors 6502a

A construction site next to a tennis court. I wonder if it gets loud during matches.

But regardless, I guess I'm in the norm when I say it looks kinda weird having no bezels on the side and having them top and bottom.

18. Savor Suspended

Savor

I do like some of OPPO's innovative thinking. Among all Chinese OEM's, I like their designs better than Xiaomi, Lenovo, ZTE, and so on. Perhaps only Huawei is up there with them since the Mate7 was a classy design for a phablet. OPPO's biggest drawback is they overprice their smartphones. Similar SoC and specs, and OPPO might charge 30% higher than what Lenovo and most Chinese brands might offer. This is also BlackBerry's biggest problem too now that Nokia/Microsoft offer devices with far better value at the sub-$100 range. And it gets tougher when companies like Gionee/BLU and ZTE offer better value too. That recent ZTE Nubia Z9 mini and + look really good! Surprising from ZTE.

19. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara